13 January 2008

I Wish I Had More Free Time

Kari and I went down to the C-Bus yesterday so she could attend a benefit for a friend of the family, and we met up with J-Gards ("the Project") in order to give him a ride back to the Gambs.

I had an experience there which was very similar to the one I had when Kari and I went down to visit the Po-Mo Renaissance Man (PS I love referring to people by their blog titles, it's like we're speaking in super-secret spy code): I had faint nostalgic palpitations of wanting to kick back with some soda and play some Smash Bros., and a weak ache in my heart left by the diaspora of my friends to the far corners of the earth, but mostly I simply felt like there was nothing to do. Jeff and I hung out, ate at the deli, talked about where we were in our lives (and, naturally, where everyone else was)... wandered around, ran into Marky-P... Not much. I mean, with nobody about and no place to go home to, all we could do was browse the bookstore and have a coffee.

On the way back into C-Bus to pick up Kari I had a strong desire to finish book one of The Silence so I can start book two, but with all the work I have to do (and the short period of time within which I am allowed to unwind this afternoon) nothing will probably come of it.

Bleh, I suck as a writer.

I want to be a gamer again. I miss games. I think having cable is terrible for my desire to be a gamer, because I'm always tired after work and it's so easy just to tune out. I know it's whiny, but I miss videogames, and I wish I had more people to play them with (blessed as I am to be living with a woman who enjoys them). It's almost enough to make a desperate man turn to WoW.

I think that's about it. I wish that my life allowed me the time to be able to visit my friends in cities across the globe, but teaching is really a full time job. Because of various responsibilities this week, I will be have to be at the school until 9pm on Tuesday, 6pm on Wednesday, and probably 9pm again on Thursday. All this, and I have to be working on the Humanities project which starts after the long weekend.

I'm sorry I update so infrequently. I like to know what all of you are doing, and I really feel like I'm not doing my part to facilitate whatever part of that desire might be reciprocated. How are you all?

1 Comments:

Blogger Spelunker said...

Ditto on everything, man. Every time I come home my PS2 just stares me down, judging me for having it shipped here and then never playing it. My computer does the same thing when it reminds me that I *still* haven't finished FFVI yet (just need to do Kefka's damn tower...)

Speaking of, I've "rediscovered" OCremix and would very much love some recs for good FF remixes. I'm sure you have a few, right? ;o)

I also wish, in addition to more free time to visit peeps, that I had a private jet and knew how to fly it. Well, we all need something to aspire to, right?

11:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home