06 June 2006

once more into the void

I must admit that with Sebastian and David no longer updating frequently, I feel much less inclined to do so myself.

I finished up my creative writing final this morning, and I'm rather satisfied with it, both the prose section and the poetry sequence. The former reached about 1800 words when I was done with it, which is 300 words over the "goal" length, and it broke my heart to snip it (all I could manage was some 150 words). I will perhaps post it later (I should probably wait until the deadline is past in two hours, just to keep the University's Plagiarism Goons off my back).

Four hours of rehearsal last night has me convinced that there is a genuine possibility that these shows might go up, which is both reassuring and frightening. I should be okay-- now that I've got nothing else except my Kenyon paper to worry about (and I don't want to think about that right now).

Jordan has successfully converted me to the delights of Coheed and Cambria and their prog-rock space opera. I am terribly grateful to have Jordan assist me in my creative endeavors, as I am greatful to assist (to what little degree I can) in his. Speaking of creative endeavors, the completion of this final brings me one step closer to resuming work on The Silence. Hooray!

I've also been sharing some poetry with Kari, which is every bit as exhilirating. (Her stuff's really good, you should go check it out.) It's so nice to know that people are creatively engaged in stuff.

There is supposed to be a trip to Exmouth today, to the beach, and the weather's certainly looking nice. I'm sort of regretting not having a beach towel (bath towels only, sadly) but that's one more thing I would've had to haul over here and one more thing I'd have to pack in a few weeks.

Other than that, there's not a whole lot going on. I suppose I haven't been as healthy these past few days as I should-- a lot of time in my room, drinking too much soda and eating too much candy. Oh well. At least I'm doing better with my money (did you know that a box of Tesco-brand "boil in bag" rice is only like 79p? That's like four whole meals right there if you're a poor Chinese farmer or a university student).

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, Tesco. I still get email from them.

7:09 AM  
Blogger Nate said...

Why on earth would Tesco email you?

4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home