More days of nothing
Today I went out with Jon and Ollie and Jenny and Laura and had cream tea on the cathedral close. The weather was stunning. I felt happy.
I'm at a point now where I should be working on the few responsibilities I have left this year (three essays to write and two short plays to perform in) but really I'm just trying to soak up as much of the atmosphere as I can and dream about what life will be like in the future.
Gah. The Future.
If I was a good little boy who cared about making myself happy, I would take this opportunity to start writing now so that I could hit the ground running when I get home and finish my manuscript before Kenyon starts.
I'm sad to leave the friends I've made here-- because it isn't like leaving friends at home, I'm not coming back, at least not in the foreseeable future. I will leave with my customary joking "goodbye forever," except this time it won't be so much of a joke...
I need to make enough money, whatever I do with my life, to be able to come back here on occasion, even if I never end up living over here again.
On evenings like this, where there's very little to do and all my British friends are busy, I wish I was home. I imagine I will feel differently in the morning.
I'm at a point now where I should be working on the few responsibilities I have left this year (three essays to write and two short plays to perform in) but really I'm just trying to soak up as much of the atmosphere as I can and dream about what life will be like in the future.
Gah. The Future.
If I was a good little boy who cared about making myself happy, I would take this opportunity to start writing now so that I could hit the ground running when I get home and finish my manuscript before Kenyon starts.
I'm sad to leave the friends I've made here-- because it isn't like leaving friends at home, I'm not coming back, at least not in the foreseeable future. I will leave with my customary joking "goodbye forever," except this time it won't be so much of a joke...
I need to make enough money, whatever I do with my life, to be able to come back here on occasion, even if I never end up living over here again.
On evenings like this, where there's very little to do and all my British friends are busy, I wish I was home. I imagine I will feel differently in the morning.
4 Comments:
I was thinking of you yesterday, as I drove home from D.U. for the summer and Joni Mitchell's "Circle Game" came on the radio.
We can't return, we can only look behind from where we came...and go round and round and round in the circle game...
Not that that relates to your post, but I meant to tell you earlier and totes forgot.
;)
"Foreseeable" looks funny spelled out.
What's cream tea?
Cream tea, my dear sister, is a pot of good old English tea, a couple of nice scones, some raspberry jam and some clotted cream.
Delicious on a weekday afternoon on the grassy lawn of the cathedral close.
Post a Comment
<< Home