More reviews
The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly:
This is the best Western film ever produced that does not also include spaceships, and even then I feel that I may be giving certain films preferential treatment. Ennio Morricone makes me shiver with almost sexual delight. Clint Eastwood makes me shiver with unmistakably sexual delight. And, quite frankly, I am convinced that nobody knows how to stand off quite so well as the Mexicans. Their standoffs are inarguably superior. The Italians, in their wealth of classical knowledge, stumbled across a fabulous formula: Spaghetti plus Western equals genius. This film is as awesome as twenty thousand dollars in Confederate gold.
Advance Wars: Days of Ruin:Days of Ruin combines two of my favorite things in the world: complete global apocalypse and delicious turn-based strategy. Its cast of characters is cool but not quite as fleshed out as the cast of the previous games, and while I greatly appreciated the tuning-down of options and features from Dual Strike, the last game in the series, ultimately this entry ends up feeling a little stripped. The single player campaign has a more in-depth and fleshed out story than any of the other games, but some of the COs feel tossed aside as a result. Good but not compelling.
1 Comments:
I really love "The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly", but I love "For A Few Dollars More" better. That whole trilogy combined is the paramount of Westerns. I loves me some Man With No Name.
Post a Comment
<< Home