Brief Notes
I'm here in the offices of the Kenyon Review, using my last five minutes or so before class to update. I've been reading submissions this morning-- one of those unfortunate reading sessions in which most of the stuff I've read has been good, which means that it becomes not a question of "is it good enough?" but instead a question of "is this the kind of thing we're looking for?", a question which I'm not as well able to answer, given my lack of experience in the position.
Investigated some programs to maybe involve myself in post-graduation last night-- I feel a little more comfortable on that front.
I got Rockstar's "Bully" last night, and so far I couldn't be more pleased with it. It's "hijinx" aplenty, and I look forward to sampling more of it in the coming days.
I'm going to go pick up my specs from Wal-Mart (shudder) this afternoon, so I'll be bespectacled on occasion from now on. Puts me one step closer to Sinclair, at least.
Oh, and I finally tracked down on YouTube the episode of "The Real Ghostbusters" in which those esteemed gentlemen go up against Cthulhu himself, the Elder God, the Devourer of All Things. It's pretty amusing, but less for the snarkiness the show usually embodies than for the plentiful amount of Mythos stuff they make reference to. It's all horribly dumbed down for children's television, but they pretty solidly mention the Necronomicon, Arkham, Miskatonic U., Shoggoths, and certainly have cultists shouting ia! ia! Cthulhu F'taghn!
So in my book, that's a win.
Investigated some programs to maybe involve myself in post-graduation last night-- I feel a little more comfortable on that front.
I got Rockstar's "Bully" last night, and so far I couldn't be more pleased with it. It's "hijinx" aplenty, and I look forward to sampling more of it in the coming days.
I'm going to go pick up my specs from Wal-Mart (shudder) this afternoon, so I'll be bespectacled on occasion from now on. Puts me one step closer to Sinclair, at least.
Oh, and I finally tracked down on YouTube the episode of "The Real Ghostbusters" in which those esteemed gentlemen go up against Cthulhu himself, the Elder God, the Devourer of All Things. It's pretty amusing, but less for the snarkiness the show usually embodies than for the plentiful amount of Mythos stuff they make reference to. It's all horribly dumbed down for children's television, but they pretty solidly mention the Necronomicon, Arkham, Miskatonic U., Shoggoths, and certainly have cultists shouting ia! ia! Cthulhu F'taghn!
So in my book, that's a win.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home