25 July 2006

A time excised

There are really only two things to be done after such an absence from blogging, and those are either to expend an enormous amount of energy attempting to recap or to simply make a break with the past week or so and start anew.

It's, like, one in the morning, seriously, so let's go with the latter. Sebastian has a good recounting of our trip to New York to see my sister over at his blog, so why not saunter on over there if you're curious?

Everyone I saw this weekend-- family (Hannah), high school friends (Erin), college friends (Sarah) all seem to be doing something with their lives to a far greater degree than I am. I need to finish this manuscript. My life must have purpose. No longer am I content to sit back and enjoy life for what it is-- I have bound myself to this dark fate, and to it I cling, knowing that true fulfilment may well be an impossibility in this harsh and unforgiving world.

I know that the world resists the more you push at it. I am willing to believe that if one pushes hard enough, the bonds of reality may snap and bend to one's whim. And so I will forever be haunted by the eternity of unfinished epics that lay unraveling in my mind.

Didn't I read a story about this once? Something about a white whale.

For the moment, I journey onward to Kenyon and Cincinatti, to see friends long amiss and never forgotten. Let us hope that once the wandering life has let me return home, I will be able to settle once more into the firm routine of the smith, the weaver, the potter, the gardener. Here's hoping that Nathaniel Wanderer successfully becomes The Storyteller once more.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

a) I am in New York Why not you tell me you in New York we Together in New York it could have been but now only tears, tears, ow ow and beans.

b) YOU HAVE TO PLAY PLANESCAPE: TORMENT. The re-writing of reality based on belief is one of THE significant themes of the frickin' game. You will love it. Also, steampunk is a significant factor of the game. And Nordom:

http://www.planetbaldursgate.com/images/image.asp?/pst/encounters/characters/nordom/concept_nordom.jpg

Yours,

Lord Teddlington

1:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't know who this 'David' is (if that is your real name), but yes, Torment is where it is at.

After all, we are but specks upon Zerthimmon's grace.

-T

11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home