Real quick
Short update from an internet cafe in Dublin. Tomorrow we leave for the Aran Islands off the west coast of Ireland.
We just got back from seeing Michael Gambon (who you may know as the new Albus Dumbledore) in a production of Samuel Beckett's "Eh Joe." I enjoyed it thoroughly. It's the Beckett Centenary here, and the man's somber face is everywhere. Everywhere there are posters plastered with quotes from Godot.
I still number Godot as certainly in the top five things I have done with my life, if not the top three, if not the single greatest experience I have ever engaged in. I'm not sure at what point that list became hyperbole, or if it did at all.
I haven't been writing in my journal or taking pictures (the weather has been mostly crappy, with occasional bursts of pleasantness). Let's see-- we saw a production of the Bacchae at the Abbey theater, we saw the Book of Kells in Trinity College's library (along with several Beckett manuscripts and a lot of his original correspondence). We went on a literary pub tour, toured the Guiness brewery, had a few more meals, went to the art museum... Not quite as magical as Prague, but all the Beckett is just making me very happy.
My ear hurts me terribly. I think it may be infected, and I'm not sure what to do about it except to try and take care of myself and hope it goes away.
There's got to be something else worth noting-- I bought a coloring book. It's of Celtic fashions. I colored in a Celtic warrior this afternoon.
Alright, I'm paying by the minute here, so I better sign off. Oh, and also I am apparently going to be living in a sweet apartment next year (see previous post). Super cool, and I owe much to Bob Proctor and especially Ryan Merrill-- dudes came through for me.
Alright, y'all, I miss ya. Much love.
We just got back from seeing Michael Gambon (who you may know as the new Albus Dumbledore) in a production of Samuel Beckett's "Eh Joe." I enjoyed it thoroughly. It's the Beckett Centenary here, and the man's somber face is everywhere. Everywhere there are posters plastered with quotes from Godot.
I still number Godot as certainly in the top five things I have done with my life, if not the top three, if not the single greatest experience I have ever engaged in. I'm not sure at what point that list became hyperbole, or if it did at all.
I haven't been writing in my journal or taking pictures (the weather has been mostly crappy, with occasional bursts of pleasantness). Let's see-- we saw a production of the Bacchae at the Abbey theater, we saw the Book of Kells in Trinity College's library (along with several Beckett manuscripts and a lot of his original correspondence). We went on a literary pub tour, toured the Guiness brewery, had a few more meals, went to the art museum... Not quite as magical as Prague, but all the Beckett is just making me very happy.
My ear hurts me terribly. I think it may be infected, and I'm not sure what to do about it except to try and take care of myself and hope it goes away.
There's got to be something else worth noting-- I bought a coloring book. It's of Celtic fashions. I colored in a Celtic warrior this afternoon.
Alright, I'm paying by the minute here, so I better sign off. Oh, and also I am apparently going to be living in a sweet apartment next year (see previous post). Super cool, and I owe much to Bob Proctor and especially Ryan Merrill-- dudes came through for me.
Alright, y'all, I miss ya. Much love.
1 Comments:
Remember seeing Michael Gambon as Hamm in "Endgame" in that Beckett film collection of my father's? Gotta love it.
Post a Comment
<< Home